Reactive Power Compensation for Submerged Arc Furnace
---To Achieve The Purpose of Energy-saving and Efficiency
In the metallurgical industry, the high-energy submerged arc furnace has the characteristics of low voltage and high current, and the power factor is generally low, and the power factor is one of the important indicators of the overall electrical performance of the submerged arc furnace and is the main factor affecting the daily output and power consumption.
Implementing reactive power compensation for the submerged arc furnace can improve the power factor and achieve the purpose of saving energy and increasing efficiency.
Scope of Application of the System
The reactive power compensation system of the submerged arc furnace is suitable for the submerged arc furnace of the ferroalloy system and the calcium carbide furnace of the chemical system. It can be used as auxiliary equipment for the electric furnace to improve the power factor and release the production capacity.
Composition and Appearance of Reactive Power Compensation System
The low voltage compensation system includes:
Compensation capacitor cabinet: built-in low-voltage compensation capacitor and special switching switch, etc.
High-current short-circuits: A reactive power compensation high-current short-circuit system connected to capacitors.
Automatic control cabinet: automatic measurement of compensation system, automatic switching, automatic control device.
Description of the Function and Effect of Adding Reactive Power Compensation
1. Improve power factor, increase active power, increase output, and improve furnace conditions.
2. Most of the furnace transformers are overloaded for a long time. After adding compensation, the furnace transformer can increase production by 8-10% without overloading. It reduces the vibration and noise of the furnace transformer and short net and improves the operating life of the main equipment.
3. Reduce the high-voltage line loss, and improve the primary voltage and electrode voltage. The electric furnace can still operate normally when the system voltage is low.
4. The influence of harmonics is reduced, the electrical parameters of the system are improved, and the power quality is improved.
5. Avoid electricity fines due to low power factor.
6. The compensation device controlled by a microcomputer can automatically print the daily report, automatically count the power failure time, automatically calculate and print the active and reactive power, and improve the management and operation level of the electric furnace.
Free send inquiries to email@example.com if any needs.