Maintenance of Short Network of Submerged Arc Furnace
The short network of submerged arc furnaces is an important equipment for conveying low pressure and strong current. The power loss of the resistance of the short network of the submerged arc furnace makes the bus temperature rise. In addition, high-temperature radiation will be produced on the surface of the short network bus bar of the submerged arc furnace, and the bus bar contact point will be oxidized and even partially melted due to the high temperature.
In addition, the short network of the submerged arc furnace runs in a harsh environment. Coke particles, dust, and other substances often cause a short circuits between the positive and negative poles of the bus bar and cause the electric furnace failure.
Therefore, it is necessary to strengthen the maintenance of the short network of the submerged arc furnace, and the following points should be paid attention to in general:
(1) Avoid open-arc operation as far as possible, otherwise, the high-temperature radiant heat of open-arc will not only increase the temperature of short-net, but also destroy the electrode parts.
(2) Periodically remove the dust attached to each part of the short net with compressed air to ensure good heat dissipation of each part of the short net
(3) Always pay attention to whether the cooling water is unblocked and master the temperature change. The inlet temperature should not exceed 25 C and the outlet temperature should not exceed 50 C.
(4) Measure the temperature of each part of the short-mesh short-mesh of the submerged arc furnace regularly. Generally, the temperature of the contact point should not exceed more than 10 C than that of other parts.
(5) For submerged arc furnaces with elevated and lowered electrodes controlled by high voltage current, when operating at lower tap voltage levels, attention should be paid to operating at the same high voltage current value as the voltage at this level. The high voltage current value at the original voltage level should not be used, otherwise, the transformer will be under low voltage overload. Conductor temperature should not be too high or even damaged by overloading frequently.
(6) In conjunction with the regular overhaul of the electric furnace, each contact surface of the short-mesh system of the submerged arc furnace shall be dismantled to remove its oxide layer and replace the solid parts that must be replaced.
(7) Among several parallel branches of each polarity of the short network of the ore heating furnace, if one branch is repaired due to damage, the contact surface of the other branches must be repaired at the same time. Otherwise, a branch that is replaced or repaired will be damaged quickly and continuously because it bears too much current because its contact resistance is smaller than other branches.
Free send inquiry to email@example.com if any needs.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Blast Furnace?
Characteristics of Electric Arc Furnace Steelmaking
Walking Beam Reheating Furnace VS Push-steel Reheating Furnace
Why Intermediate Frequency Furnace cannot be Turned on Normally?