How to Reduce the Unit Power Consumption of Smelting Ferrosilicon?
The unit power consumption of smelting 75 ferrosilicon accounts for 60-65% of the production cost. The unit power consumption of smelting 45 ferrosilicon accounts for 50-55% of the production cost. Therefore, reducing power consumption is one of the points to reducing the production cost of ferrosilicon.
According to the preliminary calculation, the theoretical power consumption for smelting 75 ferrosilicon is 6850-7050 degrees, but in actual production, the power consumption is 8200-9000 degrees and the heat loss is about 16-18% (including the electric loss), so the visible heat and electric energy losses are very large. This is closely related to the operation level, equipment maintenance, raw material conditions, power supply system, and the design of the submerged arc furnace. Now let's talk about some production-related issues:
1. Maintain the furnace condition carefully so that the electrode can be inserted into the furnace deeply and steadily, thus enlarging the crucible to raise the temperature of the furnace, maintaining good air permeability of the material surface, and striving to reduce the phenomenon of sparking and slumping and reduce the heat loss.
2. Strengthen the maintenance of equipment and electrodes to reduce the time of hot shutdown. Ferrosilicon smelting is continuous production. If the hot shutdown time is long or the number of times is large, the time to return to normal furnace condition will be longer. For example, the hot shutdown time is one hour or about two hours. Raise the temperature of the furnace to normal furnace condition, thus less iron will be produced. Two hours of the hot shutdown will result in two fewer irons. The unit power consumption of ferrosilicon is bound to increase.
3. Raw material condition. The concentrate is very important to reduce the unit power consumption of ferrosilicon.
For coke used in ferrosilicon smelting, proper grain size and high resistance at high temperatures are required to facilitate deep electrode insertion.
For silica, it is required to have good thermal stability to prevent premature fragmentation at high temperatures and even to destroy the permeability of the material surface. If conditions permit, silica should be washed in water.
The chemical composition of all raw materials shall be qualified.
4. Select the appropriate power supply system. Secondary voltage is too high and input power is high, but unit power consumption increases due to shallow electrode insertion and more heat loss. Low secondary voltage, although heat loss is small, low input power, low furnace temperature, and low output are not conducive to reducing unit power consumption. Therefore, a suitable secondary voltage should be selected for smelting.
5. Strengthen the recovery of returned iron, eliminate waste, increase productivity and reduce power consumption.
Hani Tech is a Hot Rolling Mill manufacturing company working mainly in the area of the bar and wire rod mills, high-speed wire rod mills, high-speed rebar rolling mills, TMT rolling mills, flying shear, cold strip rolling mill, reheating furnace, induction furnace, intermediate frequency furnace, electric arc furnace, ladle refining furnace, blast furnace, continuous casting machine.
Free send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org if any needs.